Initial Notification of Potential Basin Boundary Modification Request
PRINT VIEW OF INITIAL NOTIFICATION
1. LOCAL AGENCY INFORMATION
|Name:||East Acton Groundwater Sustainability Agency|
|Address:||1000 South Fremont Avenue, Building A-9E, 4th Floor|
2. LOCAL AGENCY POINT OF CONTACT INFORMATION
|Address:||1000 South Fremont Avenue|
3. LINKS TO LOCAL AGENCY'S INTERNET WEBSITE
General information regarding potential basin boundary modification process is posted or will be posted.
4. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POTENTIAL BASIN BOUNDARY MODIFICATION REQUEST
- East Acton Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) is providing notice to the State Department of Water Resources (DWR) to formally initiate the basin boundary modification request to separate the GSA's coverage area from Antelope Valley Groundwater Basin 6-044 to form a new stand-alone basin with a new prioritization assessment of the new basin area. The GSA's coverage area, referred to as a fringe valley area, was excluded from the Antelope Valley Groundwater Adjudication (AVGA). However, the fringe valley area is included as part of the Antelope Valley Groundwater Basin 6-044 per DWR’s Bulletin 118. This fringe valley area created by the AVGA boundary overlies parts of the Acton community in unincorporated Los Angeles County. The new proposed boundary would be located at the mouth of Soledad Canyon adjacent to the AVGA jurisdictional boundary. There appears to be scientific justification for the proposal that the groundwater under the GSA's coverage area does not have measurable impact on the aquifer of the AVGA.
5. POTENTIAL BASIN(S)/SUBBASIN(S)
6-044 ANTELOPE VALLEY
6. MAP OR DOCUMENT OF POTENTIAL BASIN BOUNDARY MODIFICATION
Uploaded document: AV_Basin_EastActon.pdf
Created on 11/14/2017 at 5:03PM, last modified on 11/14/2017 at 5:03PM and page generated on 05/25/2019 at 2:02PM